Friday, January 11, 2013

Lessons from Jacob

We are reading through the Bible instead of following a specific curriculum or Bible study. I figure that the kids will experience plenty of “studies” throughout life, but to read and learn directly from God’s Word is a great place to start! We are deep into learning about Jacob and his deceptively shrewd dealings. The boys are incensed and we can’t believe how God just keeps on blessing the socks off this man! At one point the sweetest of sweet 9-year-olds says, “Wouldn’t it be fun if we could just read the Bible all day and find out what happens?!” STOP! choke* sniff* Isn’t this why I am doing this? You know what I'm talking about if you have been called by God to home school, and for no other reason on earth, continue to sacrifice self day by day by day to make a lame attempt to educate your kids to live a life pleasing to the LORD in all things. I imagined that I would still be wrestling them out of bed every morning only to struggle through our devotional time. But, to see a hunger for the WORD of God is more than I could have ever asked for at this point! Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment